Welcome to AGORA
AGORA is an integrated e-learning and e-science-platform for online collaboration in the Humanities at Hamburg University. It took its name from the central square in ancient Greek cities, being a public place for people to meet, trade, and gather for political discussion and decision making. The CommSy-based AGORA platform was launched in spring 2007 with a strong focus on system enhancements that serve the special needs of Humanities computing and collaboration.
- AGORA is suitable for all your collaboration and teaching purposes. Use it as a student or teacher, or in your scientific research team.
- AGORA's webbased user interface is designed to be intuitive.
- AGORA implements your workflows as transparent and nonhierarchical as possible.
- AGORA is based on CommSy, hosted by the Regional Computing Center. The use of AGORA is free of cost for all members of Hamburg University.
- The AGORA team consists of members of the Humanities faculty with technical and didactical skills. Do not hesitate to ask them your questions.
You are studying at Universität Hamburg through ERASMUS this semester and need access to the Humanities faculty's platform AGORA? Please use your STiNE ID to log in and to find the workspaces you need during your stay at Universität Hamburg. If you encounter any problems, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.