Can I combine two usernames into one?
You can combine two usernames into one. This is useful if you want to import the rooms from your old CommSy username to your new uni username.
- Log in with the username you wish to keep. If you are a member of Universität Hamburg, we recommend that you keep your uni username.
- Click your name on the gray CommSy bar in the top right or enter a room.
- Click your profile picture or initials on the top right to navigate to the “Account” menu.
- On the left side, you will find the menu “Combine accounts.”
- Enter the login data of the username you wish to give up: the authentication source, username, and password. This username will be combined with the username you are currently using.
- Once you have completed the form, click “Connect.” The project room that you joined with your old username will now be listed together with the project rooms that you joined with your current username.
If you did not join any rooms with one of your accounts and do not have any material in your personal room, you can simply delete the username. For details, refer to the question: “How can I delete my username?”